Ebb and flow_performance
4x 16mm projectors, 35min, 2021
image: Lichun Tseng | sound: Robert Kroos
‘Ebb and flow’ is inspired by the I-Ching, the book of change, Chapter 42 – Yi (Increase). Yi is a message about expansion and fullness. It is simply another cycle of life as it flowers, decays, and achieves rebirth. Ebb and flow, darkness and light, life and death… ‘What is’ springs from ‘what is not. The end of the world is also the beginning of something new. Lichun and Robert use 16mm film projectors and analog generated waveforms to create an immersive, trance-inducing journey. Through layering, constructing, and deconstructing visual and auditory textures they strive for a sense transcending experience where the spectator is no longer consciously watching nor listening. Just being.
21 Augustus 2021 @ Process Festival Riga
24 September 2021 @ 25 FPS Expanded Zagreb
- 05 December 2021 @ Almost Back to the Future, Filmwerkplaats Filmfestival Rotterdam
- 10 December 2021 @ Blonde Cobra Festival Cologne
- 14 January 2022 @ Conflux Festival Rotterdam XXXX CANCELLED
- 2 June 2022 @ Conflux Festival Rotterdam
- 10 July 2022 @ Expanded Cinema, Club Solo, Breda
- 21 May 2022 @ Flatpack Festival, Birmingham
- 1 September 2022 @ Sound Vision Performance Night, Into the Great Wide Open Festival, Vlieland.
- 30 April 2023 @ Expanded Spectral, Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen.